Friday, April 25, 2008

JT's take on Nashville...

Monday: Sick as a dog- stomach flu
Tuesday: Better, but still sick
Wednesday: Queasy, but able to work a full day
Thursday: Sick again. Drove an hour to work anyway, and they sent me right back home.
Friday: Headache the size of Texas. I desperately need to work today, and then somehow drive home to Searcy for Justin's wedding.

Seriously. I just want to e better. I feel really sorry for families when they get sick. This is just affecting me. I can't imagine having a husband get sick, then a kid, then another kid, then they pass it all back to me and thus the cycle continues. Which is why I am not going to get to love all over Isaac and Jon Thomas this weekend. I wouldn't do that to my sister, Allison! Bummer. We''ll have to stick with high-5's (after much sanitized hands, of course).

One more thing... I am excited to see my boys this weekend, even if it's just being in the same room. Allison told me something Jon Thomas has been saying lately... The day after I had left Searcy during a recent visit home, Jon was getting JT ready for the day. JT asked,

"Is Aunt Kay-yine (Caroline) coming to play with me today?"
Jon replied, "No, buddy, I am sorry. She had to go home to Nashville."
"Why?"
"Because she had to go back to work."
"Why?"
"Nashville called and needed her back."
"Oh... Daddy?"
"Yes?"
"I don't yike (like) Nashville."

Now, when they talk about Aunt Caroline, he usually says, "She's in Nashville. Mommy, I don't yike Nashville."

No comments: