Thursday, April 17, 2008

For Your Sweet Tooth...

I have had to decrease how much I am eating out. Money and health are big factors, but the main reason is this: I have the hardest time going out and not getting dessert! I don't know where that habit started. Perhaps I will blame it on my best friends, Holly and Mary Pullias. Both have a nose for these things. Here are my favorite desserts in Nashville:

1. Gingerbread Cake at MARCHE
2. Banana Bread Foster at GREEN HILLS GRILL
3. Strawberry Cake (served cold) at BONGO JAVA
4. Carrot Cake at THE PALM (Upscale chain restaurant- but too good not to mention)
5. Carrot Cake Bar at CALYPSO CAFE
6. Carrot Cake Whole Wheat Cupcake at WHOLE FOODS (Can you see a theme...)
7. Chocolate Sheet Cake at ZOE'S
8. Molten Chocolate Lava at FLEMING'S (again, upscale chain, but it is just THAT
good).
9. Any Popsicle at LAS PALETAS
10.Iced Sugar Cookie at CHRISTIE'S COOKIE'S

I did not include my favorite every-day chain restaurants... I try to eat places that they at least make it fresh. However, I am a sucker for Chili's Molten Chocolate Lava Cake, Cheesecake Factory's Dutch Apple Strudel Cheesecake, Fondue at The Melting Pot, and P.F. Chang's Banana Spring Rolls.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yum! My mouth is watering. Ashlyn just saw your picture as I pulled your blog up and she said, "Mommy, I miss Caroline!" I'll be calling soon!