Sunday, July 05, 2009

Back to the CSA!





Remember that time I was going to post a picture every week of my CSA? Sorry about that. I have had to resort to google image searches per the above. So now we are in to summer vegetable season. YEA! We are seeing the starts of tomatoes, eggplant, (yea) and melons (no thanks). We are in the thick of onions, zucchini, squash, potatoes, corn, cucumbers, beans, cabbage, carrots, and peppers. It seems we're done with radishes and lettuce out the wazoo. As much as I enjoyed last year's farm, I am glad I made the switch. This farm offers more variety and more "normal" veggies as opposed to some rare green that I should be excited to get. I also am loving the eggs and meat portion. We've gotten pork chops, sausage links, steak, ground beef, and whole chickens. All of the meat is VERY high quality, which is evident in the taste. It's not to late to join the CSA, either. Just go to http://www.avalon-acres.com/. (These pictures are from their farm blog.) This week we got a GIANT zucchini, eggplant, tiny tomatoes, one giant half-ripe tomato, cantaloupe, eggs, and chicken breasts. Sounds like an Italian feast just waiting to happen!

1 comment:

Jennifer Thompson said...

Caroline, I was not even kidding. That zucchini is HUGE. (Also, I'm glad you're excited about eggplant because I decided you needed all of it. :) )