Thursday, July 23, 2009

Patient's Charts

I love reading my patient's medical charts. You never know what you're going to find. I was reading an h & p (history and physical) in my patient's chart yesterday. This was the first sentence of the Doctor's report. I am assuming this is why he had to go to school for 8 years?...

"This is a patient who is lying in a hospital bed."

It reminded me of some of my favorite's that I have read in the past.

"This patient presents with decrease in functioning. Pt is suspected with underlying dementia. He golfs a score of 72."

"Pt's CVA (stroke) has resulted in her speech to be 'word salad.'"

"Pt was noted with manual fine motor skills, although they were very inappropriate."

And my favorite...

"Patient told this nurse she wasn't worth a shit."

1 comment:

Donna Root said...

I had to laugh at this. I've read some pretty funny comments in charts too. Wish I had written them down like you did.