Monday, July 13, 2009

Gulf Shores '09



Thanks to some good friends from OC, I have been blessed to go to the beach every summer over the past 3 years. This year Fulbright, Travis, Jon Lee, and I packed our bags for a 4 day vacation full of relaxing, relaxing, and more relaxing.


We saw some interesting ocean life. There was a family of dolphins that entertained us for quiet a while one morning. Then, on the last day, Jon and I were sitting at the beach reading. We heard a big commotion, and looked up to see this...








It looked like a big oil spill, but logically we knew that wasn't the case. We finally started asking around and realized it was sardines, hundreds of thousands of them. If you stepped in it, they would made a circle around you. It was really cool to see. My apologies to all the random strangers whose swimsuit photos will forever be on my blog. :)

We bummed at the beach and then cooked in all but the last night, when we went out for some seafood. I tried crab legs for the first time. Messy, and a lot of work. I gave up half way through. I now have an appreciation as to why crab cakes are so expensive!

No comments: