Tuesday, May 05, 2009

My Sweet Friend

Yesterday, I traveled home to Searcy for a very sad reason. A dear, lifelong friend of our family passed away Thursday night. Most of you following the news/H.U. feeds know exactly who I am referring to. I was planning on posting about her sweet spirit, complete with baby pictures of us together. Unfortunately, yesterday it was made known that the news is tracking down blogs who are speaking of this situation, finding the numbers of the bloggers, and calling trying to find more information. Isn't that just so respectful and classy?

Thus, my vague referral to our dear friend. Please keep both families in your prayers. She was salt of the earth, as is her family. She served the Lord faithfully, and had an amazing spirit and energy about her. It was surreal to see the pictures of her last night at the memorial, and talk about her in past tense. My family and I got tickled of a picture in the slide show. It was of she, her brother, Allison, and I hunting for Easter eggs when we were little-biddies. Everyone is looking at the camera except me, who is leaned down to our friend bossing her around, as is my true nature. We had a lot of fun together growing up, and have always admired the friendship and loyalty our parents have shared. She will be greatly missed, and is greatly loved. Thank you for your continued prayers.

And here's a little shout out to the press.: If for some crazy reason you do find this blog, don't even waste your time trying to contact me. The only information you will get from me is my opinion on reporter's lack of respect for people's lives. It's an ear full. :)

6 comments:

emily said...

i was so sad to hear about this... i did not know her very well, but i remembered talking with her a few times at ZP events while she was still in high school. i remember her to be such a friendly girl with a big smile. i am praying for all of you that have lost your dear friend, and i am praying that God will use this for His Glory.

Lori T said...

Yes, truly sad. I didn't know her, but I had some classes with her husband. Ahh. Praying so hard about this.

On another note, how long will you be in Searcy? My parents and Jonathan, Abigail, and I are traveling there for Daniel's graduation this weekend. Hope to see some of your family there!

April Jackson said...

This has been such an awful thing to hear about. I have been praying so hard today for everyone at her memorial. I remember her just always having a smile on her face. No wonder you two were friends since you were little with you always having a big smile on your face as well.
aprilkjackson@yahoo.com

Katie said...

Exactly why I'm no longer in the news reporting profession.

I wish I had known your friend. She sounds like she was an amazing young woman with a great spirit and faith.

God works wonders in times like these, even if it's so unclear at the time. I hope and pray for peace and clarity for all involved.

Leslie said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. A lot of people that we are friends with went to school with her too so I have heard all about this horrific story. I am so sorry.

Elizabeth said...

I have no doubt you would give them an earful. :)

I hope going to the funeral was helpful and healing for you and your family. I'm so glad we get to see you tomorrow.