Okay friends. No sugar starts today. Apparently no one is with me, but I am still doing it. Here are my guidelines. Remember I have to be careful not to be too restrictive, so be nice to yourself and don't make it impossible.
1. No obvious sugar... DP, desserts, jellies, etc.
2. No artificial sugars... trying to get back off of these anyway
3. No added sugar as much as possible. I have to say that my diet is already naturally pretty low in hidden/added sugars. Don't worry, I make up for it with nutella. The reason for this is that it's so much easier to be GF by just eating are in their whole, natural form (e.g. meats, cheese, eggs, veggies, fruit, gf whole grains). Another reason is that most GF foods are made by companies who are health conscientious and used to catering to people with sugar/yeast issues as most food intolerant people don't have the luxury of only having issue with one food. For example, my bread is sweetened by natural fruit juice and my pretzels have no added sugar. All that to say, giving up my EVOO mayo that has less than 2% of sugar is not going to be a battle I choose to fight.
4. I am allowing natural sugars, including honey, agave nectar, fruit, and molasses.
In order to make the most of this cleanse, I am aiming to drink three 32 ounce Sigg Bottles of water per day to flush out my system. I am also taking probiotics and yeast assasign to get rid of the yeast build up from too much sugar. Okay, we'll see how this goes! Anyone else participating in Lent in some form or fashion?
1 comment:
Ok, so it's not about Lent, but I think I'm gonna have to follow behind you. I don't have any food "issues" except that I like it too much. Especially brownies, cookies, and cake. The ooey, gooey, chewy stuff. Making it reeeeally tough for me to lose weight. So I'm giving up the artifical sweeteners (mostly - no more than 1 drink a week) b/c of the research indicating they make sugar cravings worse. I'm with you on allowing the natural sweeteners as an acceptable substitute. So I knew you were doing this, and came to visit your blog to see what you had to say. Any other advice?
Post a Comment