Okay, so my favorite little reality show is So You Think You Can Dance. It's a clean, inspirational, no drama reality show. This dance was one of my absolute favorites. It was choreographed by Mia Michaels, one of my favorites. The dancers are 2 of this year's contestants, Kayla and Kupono. In this dance, Kupono is symbolizing Kayla's addiction. It should be noted that this was very hard for Kupono to play this roll because his family has had a member with a serious addiction. I have yet to watch it with dry eyes. This is how I felt when I was in the dead middle of my eating disorder and my obsession with dieting, exercise, and body image... running to it for comfort and safety only for it to control me, rule over me, and take all of my energy. Thankfully, my God is mighty to save. Enjoy. (Much to my chagrin, I can NOT get the video to center, so it is best viewed largely or on youtube to get the whole effect.)
No comments:
Post a Comment