Friday, August 28, 2009

A Night at Maggiano's

Katie, Fulby, and I headed to Maggiano's last night for a girls night out. Fulby ordered stuffed mushrooms, Katie ordered 1/2 an order of baked ziti and sausage, and I ordered 1/2 an order of the Rigatoni D...made with gluten free pasta! I felt so normal again, getting a bowl of pasta at a restaurant! BUT WAIT. It got even better. From now until the end of October, when you order any of the following 1/2 portions, they will box up ANOTHER 1/2 dish (your choice) for you to take home. Choose from Gnocchi in Vodka Cream Sauce, Lasagna, Rigatoni D, Baked Ziti and Sausage, Chicken Pesto Linguine, Four Cheese Ravioli, and Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. All for $12.95. I left with a gluten free ziti and sausage packed up and ready to go. I am only able to eat 1/2 of a 1/2 portion (and that's without bread!) so that is 4 meals for me. We were super excited, and I was just waiting for them to tell us there was a catch. But no, there is not. They said they are just trying to help with the economy. Well done, Maggiano's. Well done.

2 comments:

m said...

awesome. james noted the other day that with my new diet, which is pretty darn close to gf, i haven't had near the stomach emergencies... and i avoid maggiano's b/c it makes me instantly ill even though james LOVES it. good to know this might make it an option worth trying.

p.s. there probably won't be gf cake at the reception, but we did buy gf crackers that we're keeping in the kitchen so that you and terri can enjoy appetizers during the reception too... in between cutting cake!! =)

hope you're super great!

Leanne said...

So I totally went there tonight with Chad's family. We officially have pasta to eat for days. Thanks for the recommendations!