Monday, November 14, 2005

461

So I can't remember our address. Our address is #461. Tiara, my roomate, has gotten really tickled at me lately. For the first few months we lived here, Tiara was in charge of getting the rent checks to the office. So every month, I would write her a check for $461. And every month, she would remind me it was supposed to be $465. After about 3 months of this, she sweetly said, "Caroline... our rent checks are supposed to be for $465." And I said, "Are you sure, because I am pretty sure the number is $461." And she said, "No, 461 is our address." And I thought, "Hmm that's funny, I thought we lived at 416." Then about a month ago, she and Reagan were talking about how they heard a sex offender had moved in at house #542 (a fake number is used to protect the innocent- or in this case, the guilty). They were telling me this and I said, "There is a sex offender at 542? Oh no! We are 624!" Once again, I stand corrected.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bless her...

Anonymous said...

516 is MY house! And while I'm fully aware that our house has been dubbed "the brothel" there are no sex offenders here...not that I'm aware of anyway...