Thursday, November 03, 2005
I got the spirit.
Recent experience with praise team. So it was an emotional Sunday morning at Otter Creek. Tim had a powerful sermon, people were coming forward, and it was very emotional. I had already been through the first service and it was now second service, which is the service where all the people I know go to. I was in the moment, up front with my microphone with all the other praise teamers (there is 8 of us, 2 on each part), my eyes closed and my hand raised. When all the sudden I hear a buzz in my ear. It's a fly. I ignored it and continued on with my singing. The fly continues, only this time doing the obnoxious fly thing where they buzz in to your ear then buzz away then in then away and so on, so it's too different noises over and over again. It lands on my hand. I try to flick it off. At this point, I open my eyes and put my hand down, as I realized I am waving my hand up front. The fly continues, only this time circling my head, like a volture for the prey. This is when I realize that I am under attack by this fly, and I am totally out of the moment. People are crying, hands lifted high, and I am trying my darndest to take down this fly. As I try to maintain my cool, the fly decides to dive head first into my hair. That's like a needle in a haystack. The fly obviously is too small to compromise the vastness that is my hair. So the fly is becoming defeated, as his wings and little body has become entangled in my afro, though I can still feel his wings fluttering, fighting for his life. At this point my fingers are in my hair, lifting up curls as to provide an exit for the fly. By the time the song ended, the fly was no where to be gone, and I realized it looked like I just got the Spirit in a serious way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
'Lina -- only you my girl ... only you! And "may the force be w/ you!"
Love you -- Daddy
Caroline Martin! This is Jami McRae (Henderson now). I was reading BST's blog the other day and I saw the praise team retreat pictures and said to myself, "That looks just like Caroline." I guess it was! I am on a praise team in the Dallas area and our worship leader is BST's best friend Stephen so I keep up with his blog. If you are ever in the Dallas area, let me know and we should get together! (hendersonjami@yahoo.com)
Post a Comment