One of my favorite little patients at the nursing home is an 105 year old lady I have blogged about before. This morning, I was helping her get her breakfast ready and she was just chit-chatting away. She starts out with a complete sentance and then trails off because she can't complete her thought. In the middle of her talking to me, she all of the sudden said,
"Thankyou for helping me with my tray, honey -Father in Heaven Hallowed be thy name. Thank you for this food and (insert jargon here) smew opua bap erwup. Give us this day our daily bread sa;j rewoup balj prefds. Thank you for you blessings aofdsu bafds fdsap oui and help us to live like you would want us to and aodsfipu baoid Amen."
I pray that when/if I am 105 and can hardly put a sentance together, my relationship with the Lord will be so ingrained in me that my first instinct is to praise Him, even when I can't even complete a sentance. Praise God for that example. Can't you just imagine how pleased God was that his lamb was crying out to him, despite dementia or old age or inability to peice a complete thought together. Blessed be your name, Oh Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment