So, I have heard enough of you people's requests. Sorry it's taken me so long to post again! However, when I logged in to my blog, it said last log-in 1-16-06 and I am here to tell you that is not the case. Is someone hacking into my blog? I know a few of my close friends know my password. I wish I could tell you what my password is, because it's a funny story really. I have had it since I was a freshman in college. But after having it for a few months, I came across the word printed somewhere and found out I had mispelled it, in a really funny way- I had replaced a /g/ for a /c/. I just spelled it like I said it, which in my opinion is perfectly acceptable.
I have gotten a lot of flack lately from a few of my close friends for my inability to spell. And I am just gonna be flat honest- I don't CARE! I really have more important things to worry about then whether grammar is spelled with an /a/ or an /e/ at the end. (And I really am going out on a limb here and just guessing it's an /a/.) Why does that matter, really? Why in the WORLD would I just automatically know to but an "o" on the word possum. But apparently, that's what you're supposed to do. Who came up with the spelling 'opossum'? I refuse to write it that way. It's misleading. So either you get made fun of for pronouncing it with an "o" or mispelling it. That's just not fair.
Of course, I am never gonna win anyone over from my good grammar, let's just lay that out there. I got an email a while back that said, "You know you are from Arkansas if..." And do you know one of them was, "You know you are from Arkansas if you put the word 'at' at the end of the sentance; for example, "Where's he at?"" Well I was floored! I didn't know you weren't supposed to do that!!! You learn something new everyday. I think I will post that forward about being from Arkansas, because I freakishely related to over 3/4s of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment