The Singles group from Church has been visiting the nursing home once a month. (They are visiting the one I work at). A few funny happenings from our last visit...
1. Brandon was leading the prayer to close. He said, "Dear Lord, We thank you for this day..." and all of the sudden a little lady sitting next to him, who is hard of hearing yelled out in a true Virginia accent, "WHAT'S THAT DAH-LIN'? He froze enough time to regain composure, as we were all blue in the face from laughing so hard. And then he continued on, "Thank you for allowing us to be here..." Again, the lady interrupts at the top of her lungs, "I don't know all these songs ya'll are singin'. I'm Catholic! We don't sing much, we pray!" At this point, we are all shaking with laughter. Somehow Brandon got through the rest of the prayer. Luckily the other residents couldn't really hear what was going on.
2. My friend Deedee was talking to one of the gentleman who has provided me many of my good stories on this blog. She asked him if he had any children. He said, "No. My wife was unable to bear children. Although, the doctor told me I had enough sperm to impregnate Nashville!"
1 comment:
Oh, my word. Now I really wish I'd been able to be there...
Post a Comment