Friday, December 31, 2004

New Years.... ugh

Okay, I know everyone loves to make amazing plans for New Years, but I have a confession. I hate New Years. That's right, you heard me. I have NEVER been one to stay up late. I am pretty much a looser... always the first to fall asleep at slumber parties growing up, always the first to quit a card game in order to go to bed (much to my brother-in-law's chagrin, but I am sorry- Phase 10 looses its luster when you are on the 84th round at 11:45!) I just can't do it. God made me with a requirement for 8 hours of sleep, and I shut down after a certain period of time. I could never pull all nighters in school, I would always have to go to bed around 10 and wake up at 4 to study (ah, so glad those days are gone!) But all that to say, Allison and Jon always make fun of me for not having control of my need for sleep. And I HATE that there is a holiday that makes my inability to stay up known to all! And on top of that, if you are staying up, you have to be coherantly social. Who invinted this tradition, anyway? I say what's wrong with my pj's and watching the ball drop at 11 central time so I can go to bed one hour earlier? I'm boycotting New Years Eve!

No comments: