Saturday, December 25, 2004

Driving in Madness

Whew! Once again it's been awhile since I have written... Well, I drove home in the snow and ice craziness that happened upon the entire south Wednesday. I was doing fine until I got about an hour outside of Jackson, and then we slowed to a snail pace. Praise God we had some friends from our Haiti trips that lived in Jackson who SO graciously opened their home to me. But being the stubborn girl I am, a reincarnate of Tom Martin, I was determined to get home on Thursday. So I woke up and got in the car. Three hours later, I am in Memphis, and then 3 hours later I slide into Searcy (literally). We have had a wonderful Christmas together. It's fun, thinking about next Christmas with Jon Thomas (my nephew), who should be with us way before then (if Allison has anything to do with it!)

God, thank you so much for letting me make it home safely. Thank you for bringing me home safe to my family for the holidays. How blessed we are.

No comments: