Sunday, December 05, 2004

Half Marathon

Daddy and I walked our second half marathon this Saturday. We didn't train very well, and we did a GREAT job. Our time was great, and we didn't have to stop because we were in pain, only to go to the bathroom what seemed like every mile for me! (Except whoever wasn't stopping would keep walking to keep the pace and then the pottier would catch up.) But OH MY WORD I am sore today! I mean SORE! Just to paint you a visual, my left siatic nerve hurts (that's the bottom) and my right ankle hurts, so I feel like a 98 year old grandma who had to choose which leg to limp on! We had such a good time. What a blessing to share that with Daddy. He got us a hotel room and went and picked up our race packets with all kinds of goodies. The marathon was for St. Jude's Cancer Research Hospital in Memphis, so that made it even more worthwhile. And after the race, they had a SPREAD at ball stadium (where it ended) of every food imaginablen and we got free massages! This has really been a great thing to share with Daddy. It really is a neat experience. The stiff legs are worth it.

No comments: