Lately, I have been internalizing a lot of stress with my upcoming move, naturally. When I am stressed, I get stubborn. Okay, extra stubborn. I get in my zone and refuse to slow down. Which includes refusing to think about my meals until my blood sugar is really low, and I am angry and crying and before you know it I have eaten a bag of Cheetos and 4 spoonfuls of cream cheese icing. Aren't I a treat?!
So I met with my dietitian a few weeks ago for a "tune up" and she re-emphasized my need to eat regularly. :) Just an aside... I LOVE having a dietitian. She's wonderful and I think everyone should have one. All that to say, I have been really trying to have meals on hand and ready to go. My dear friend Eve (who talked some sense into me a few weeks ago to go a little easy on myself) gave me an amazing recipe for grilled fish tacos with cilantro slaw. I tried it tonight. It's amazing what a well balanced meal can do for your mood and energy level.
Here we go (and sorry for the bad pictures):
Grilled Mexican Fish
-3 tablespoons canola oil
-juice of 2-3 limes
-fresh cilantro, a handful
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cumin
-fish of your choice (something mild)
-sliced white onions
Mix oil, limes, cilantro, salt, honey, and cumin together. Cover and marinate at least 2 hours.
Heat your pan over med-high heat. Sear the fish, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Turn heat down until it's cooked all the way through. I poured all the marinade in the pan so the honey could caramelize a little. MMMM... so good.
Cabbage Lime Cilantro Slaw (drool)
-1/4 cup Canola oil
-2 tablespoons white vinegar
-2 tablespoons honey (or sugar)
-juice of 2 limes
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-shredded cabbage, half a head
-1 small white onion, thinly sliced
-fresh cilantro, about a handful
-1 jalapeno, finely diced
After thoroughly mixed, refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
To assemble your tacos... take the fish, cut into pieces, and put in corn or flour tortillas. Top with the slaw. Enjoy!
So I met with my dietitian a few weeks ago for a "tune up" and she re-emphasized my need to eat regularly. :) Just an aside... I LOVE having a dietitian. She's wonderful and I think everyone should have one. All that to say, I have been really trying to have meals on hand and ready to go. My dear friend Eve (who talked some sense into me a few weeks ago to go a little easy on myself) gave me an amazing recipe for grilled fish tacos with cilantro slaw. I tried it tonight. It's amazing what a well balanced meal can do for your mood and energy level.
Here we go (and sorry for the bad pictures):
Grilled Mexican Fish
-3 tablespoons canola oil
-juice of 2-3 limes
-fresh cilantro, a handful
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cumin
-fish of your choice (something mild)
-sliced white onions
Mix oil, limes, cilantro, salt, honey, and cumin together. Cover and marinate at least 2 hours.
Heat your pan over med-high heat. Sear the fish, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Turn heat down until it's cooked all the way through. I poured all the marinade in the pan so the honey could caramelize a little. MMMM... so good.
Cabbage Lime Cilantro Slaw (drool)
-1/4 cup Canola oil
-2 tablespoons white vinegar
-2 tablespoons honey (or sugar)
-juice of 2 limes
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-shredded cabbage, half a head
-1 small white onion, thinly sliced
-fresh cilantro, about a handful
-1 jalapeno, finely diced
After thoroughly mixed, refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
To assemble your tacos... take the fish, cut into pieces, and put in corn or flour tortillas. Top with the slaw. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment