Monday, January 03, 2011

Two years!


Over the hubbub of the holiday season, I hit my two year Gluten Free milestone! I cannot believe that it has been two years! I feel so incredibly blessed and thankful for many reasons. Just to name a few...
  1. Just having the knowledge of what my body can and cannot process is such a blessing! Some people search for years to find out what's wrong. I am grateful to know.
  2. I made my first major trip (6 weeks to Africa) as a GFer and survived just fine!
  3. Cheetos, Coffee, grapes and Dr. Pepper are gluten free. So I am good. :)
  4. Though I am not glad they have it, I am very thankful that my family found out they were intolerant before any damage was caused.
  5. And let's face it, having fellow gf peeps in the family makes holidays so much easier.
  6. Gluten Friendly Chain Restaurants! (Mellow Mushroom's GF Pizza Crust!! Outback's GF Chocolate cake, Jason Deli's GF sandwiches, Maggiano's GF pasta, P.F. Changs GF menu, etc). Seriously, I don't really have to worry about eating out in Nashville.
  7. UDI's bread. I don't know who UDI is or how he does it, but I can now enjoy a sandwich again!
  8. Local GF Friendly Restaurants! (Pfunky Griddle and their GF pancakes!! Marche for cooking things so fresh I don't have to worry! McCreary's Pub for making my special GF Sheppard's Pie every time I go! )
  9. Clearer skin! It's true. I have always had good skin but it is so much clearer now, and I always get compliments on it.
  10. And last but not least, friends who ALWAYS, without fail, make sure I can eat something on the table when they have me over. They are so thoughtful. Plus they may have encountered the wrath of my low blood sugar one too many times...

No comments: