IF you have a gluten allergy and are asked to bring a treat to a holiday party, try Delimix chicken taquitos. Yummy, easy, and hearty enough to tide you over if nothing else is gf. I do, however, have to give a shout out to all of my friends who have made all of the eating based holiday gatherings so easy for me. I NEVER expect special diet treatment, and am always perfectly content to bring my own or eat ahead. But before all of the Christmas gatherings I have been apart of this season, my friends sought me out to tell me that they would have food for me. You have no idea how much this means! It's the little things, seriously. If someone in your life has allergies, make a little switch in something or explore a new treat you can prepare for them. Believe me, they'll be so appreciative!
Here are a few examples of the graciousness of my wonderful friends...
- At my friend David's birthday party, he made one of the lasagnas gluten free. None of the gluten eaters could tell the difference, and I got to share the meal with them.
- At our work party at Maggiano's, they told me to call ahead and Maggiano's just made my portion gluten free.
- My friends Bethy and Mark had a Christmas party, and I was able to eat 90% of everything there. They were mindful of the ingredients and I was able to eat veggies, dip, hummus, puppy chow, cheese dip, salsa, chips, fruit, and caramal dip.
- At a party with former coworkers, my darling former roomate Rachel made a appetizer involving bread. She went to the store, bought a loaf of rice bread, and made a special portion for me. Combine that with the taquitos I brought, fruit, & veggies and I was good!
3 comments:
Yea for Nanga. I always loved it when she was my substitute at school!
Wish I could have tasted the dressing before I dropped the pan on the floor and it broke into a million pieces! :)
you have some good friends!!!!
Post a Comment