Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to Breakfast...

This is one of my favorite stories of my GF experience so far...

On my way to the Virginia wedding, I spent the night at a Hampton Inn. I was checking out their complimentary breakfast bar, when this conversation occured between myself and the hotel worker in charge of breakfast...

Me: "Excuse me. Would you please tell me how you cook your eggs? I have some food allergies and just need to know how they were cooked."
Her: "Oh, I have no idea. They come precooked."
Me: "Well do you have a box with a nutritional label I could look at?"
Her: "No. They just come in a clear plastic bag and we heat them in the mircrowave."
Me (Loosing my appetite for the eggs): "Okay, thanks."
Her: "Honey, if you're allergic to eggs, I'd stay away."
Me (stiffling a laugh): "Oh, I am actually allergic to wheat and dairy."
Her: "Oh! Well we have some yogurt and cereal over on the bar if you would like some."
Me (if you can't beat them...) "Awesome! Thank you..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Don't you just love people :)

D Root said...

That is too funny! Some people have NO clue!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Ha. It's amazing how little people know about the food they eat. You will deal with this a TON. People often asked things like "Can he eat CheezIts?" after I told them of a milk allergy.