I haven't been great about posting the CSA info like I promised. The season is slowly changing from spring to summer vegetables. Here's what we have enjoyed in the spring cop....
Lettuce (every shape, size, color), swiss chard, spinach, radishes, a few beets (the trash enjoyed those), cabbage, english peas, strawberries, basil, thyme, green onions the size of my fist, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and the startings of some potatoes.
I am excited for the summer veggies! We got our first zucchini last week, along with 1 lone little peach. I am also loving the meat share. We've received a whole chicken, pork ribs, pork chops, sirloin steak, and several pounds of some of the best ground beef I've ever had. I am proud to report I have kept up with my eggs quite well.
So far so good. I am enjoying the new CSA this year. It's been pretty easy and I've kept up with my veggies with very little waste, which is no small feat. I had to chow down on some pretty serious salads for a while there! I will say that I am glad we don't live in Texas... My cousin who is participating in her local CSA in the Dallas area is up to her ears in turnips. YUCK!
3 comments:
umm, yeah. turnips, turnips and more turnips... =) add to it a bunch of radishes.
we are getting a ton of squash and mini potatoes too, so lots of varieties of squash to enjoy cooking up. mmmm, Stella loves zucchini bread!
i LOVE beets!!!
i roast them. there is a recipe in the climb nashville cookbook, which is good, but i often simplify it, and just roast them & that's it.
on my blog, i linked to a roasted beet recipe. ive never used that specific recipe, but i figure they are all pretty similar.
Post a Comment