My birthday was this week. I had a WONDERFUL time in my 6 (yes 6! celebrations). I believe in having a birthweek, not a birthday. My celebration started in Searcy a few weeks ago with my family. Monday night I had sushi with my dear friend Amy R at my favorite sushi restaurant, PM (they mark everything on their menu if it's gluten free). Tuesday night was dinner with more dear friends... Katie, Holly, and Elizabeth at Outback (they also have a gf meeting). Afterwards, I went out with some more good friends (Amy G, David, Chris, & Thomas) to a music show and then for coffee. Wednesday I rested! And lastly... Thursday night I went to dinner at Rosepepper with my two WONDERFUL "roommates" Bethy and Fulbright, as well as my FABULOUS former roommate Rachel. After dinner, we met Susan, Kacey, Travis, Reider, Dustin, Glisson, Chris, Thomas at the Big Bang where we enjoyed the dueling pianos and belted out song after song. They also kindly let the piano player know it was my birthday and he pulled me up on stage and sang me an awkward song. I am so blessed. Thank you to all who celebrated with me!
This year's birthday was extra special because my 28th year was a hard, albeit necessary one. I had to end some unhealthy relationships, face my long battle with my eating disorder and body image distortion, and go through some serious self evaluation. I had to learn boundaries and invited God back into my life after trying to do it myself. Although it was painful, it is WONDERFUL to be on this side of. Here's to my last year in my TWENTY'S! Unbelievable! :)
As if all of those celebrations weren't enough... here are a few of my new fun birthday presents!
My favorite present was getting an offer on our house on my birthday eve!!!!! Yeehaw.


3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good birthday week! I love birthdays! And your gifts look great-- all except for the Cardinals jacket. YUCK. It would look a lot better w/ an "A" for the Braves!
Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like a VERY fun week. Nothing better than being surrounded by friends and family.
Love those boots! Happy Birthday :)
Post a Comment