We got our 2nd CSA box today! Our first one had romaine, scallions, chard, kale, and strawberries. I never would have bought chard or kale, but it's REALLY good in salad with some olive oil and salt! This week, our bundle has romaine, kale, beets, scallions, the biggest zucchini I have ever seen, 2 squash, basil, and another really big bulk of unidentifiable lettuce. Bethy and I are having pesto pasta and stir fried zucchini and squash tomorrow night. I will try one beet just to see if I like it. My friend Linda joined a different CSA, and she had us over for dinner Tuesday night. She roasted a fresh chicken from her CSA, along with fresh peas and tomatoes. I love all this fresh produce!
Life is looking up, slowly but surely. Thank you ALL for your support. My friends are amazing. A few little things that have made my day the past few days...
1. Linda making dinner for me and girlfriends for "Love on Caroline" night, as they called it. She also cried with me, which meant a lot.
2. Bethy getting my knee tucked into bed the past few nights.
3. Mary Pullias hugging me even when I know she isn't a big hugger.
4. Fulbright holding me accountable and filling my icepack.
5. Jon Thomas sending me a colored picture of Cookie Monster.
6. Holly calling from the D.R.
7. Jamie Roberts leaving a bag with a flower, crackers, and cheese on my door step. So sweet.
8. Mandy spending her morning taking me to the Doctor and my counselor today.
9. My boss gave me the rest of the week off.
10. My sister is constantly checking in on me. By the way- Isaac is CRAWLING and it's precious!
Tomorrow, I am CHILLING. Thank you all for the love and prayers. I feel very special and loved right now. I promise this blog will be upbeat again, one day soon.
2 comments:
caroline,
have you tried the MonaVie? several people in mine and Garret's family say it makes an incredible difference in their joints. just a thought.
caroline,
have you tried the MonaVie? several people in mine and Garret's family say it makes an incredible difference in their joints. just a thought.
Post a Comment