Saturday, June 14, 2008

That's SO Caroline.

Everyone who truly knows and loves me understands that I come with an abnormally high level of naivity and innocance. It's funny, because I don't live in a sheltered world. I live in the 'hood, work with people from all kinds of walks of lives, and for some reason am trusted with crazy stories by coworkers. Yet, so many things fly right over my head. Like the time I convinced the doctor I thought I had syphillus because I had been a missionary in the Dominican Republic (I didn't know it was an STD). Or the time my Cop roomate, Fulbright, had to tell me to stop waving friendly at the guys on the corner in our neighborhood because they were waiting for hookers. Or the time my friend referred to a building on ACU campus as the "big phallic shaped building" and I referred to it with such description to people I had never met before, several times. (Most people look up words before using them. I just throw them out there and see what I get). I mean well...

Tonight, Bethy and I were wasting time on Facebook with the "Flare" application. For those of you who haven't seen "Office Space," Jennifer Aniston's character worked at a Chili's-type restaurant, and she had to wear the awful suspendors with buttons on them. The buttons had different logos on them and they were called "flare." Someone on Facebook added an application where you can put a "bulliten board" on your page, and then you can put "flare" on your own page or send some to a friend. The flare buttons have quotes from telvision shows, nice sayings, pictures, you name it. Sound pointless and time consuming? Exactly.

I was looking under "organic," and I saw this:



Well I thought that was just the cutest saying. Don't panic about what you eat- it's organic. I sent it to 2 friends who are very oganic conciecous, one being Rachel Myhan. A few minutes later, Bethy lost it in laughter. She said, "THAT'S MARIJUANA!" Just another classic "Caroline moment."

2 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

Oh my GOSH! I am laughing so hard at this post. I am SO like you. I have to say that I read the piece of flare and did not even know that it was marijuana either. I just thought it was a cute saying for people that love organic food. :) HA! HA! I guess I need to get with it as well.

Shelley said...

That's why we love you Carolina!!! Although I have to admit, I have my share of naive moments, as well. : )