
As an adult (or at least I think that's what you call me), I realize my taste buds have changed since I was a child. I do challenge myself to try foods that I used to despise. Through this challenge, I am happy to report to you that I now like (and actually prefer) feta cheese, dried cranberries, vinegerette (non-ranch) dressings, hummus, and the occasional red bell pepper. There are also some things I continue to despise, despite my efforts. These include carrots, carrots, carrots, cucumbers, tropical fruit except pineapple, raspberries (they taste rotten to me), melons, whipped cream, and um...carrots. A few friends mentioned to me that they recently tried roasted brussel sprouts and felt they were fabulous. I decided to give them a whirl. I put some olive oil and sea salt on them and roasted them in the oven. Gross. Yuck. Disgusting. Although the texture was crispy, they still tasted and smelled like brussel sprouts. You know how some veggies taste differently when you roast them as opposed to boiling them? NOT these little devils, my friend. Our whole house smelled terrible. I had to open all the windows the rest of the day. We can add that to the list of foods that "Caroline's never going to try again!"
3 comments:
you have a way of making me giggle even from ten hours away!
I am impressed that you went to that much trouble to just try them. You are better than me, girl! By the way, this organic thing you've got going on...is it a way of dieting or just being more earth friendly? I only ask because I am trying to get motivated to diet. Notice how I said that "trying to get motivated". Oh me...I am awful! ha ha!
oh pooh!!! I loooove roasted brussel sprouts, exept I like salt, olive oil, garlic, and fresh rosemary (it helps the smell) well, at least you tried! PS, I am not a big fan of raspberries either, and I have never been able to describe why until i read your post, they do taste rotten!!! haa haa :0)
Post a Comment