So, I have been going on and on about my excitement for my CSA starting up next week (see blog below if you aren't sure what a CSA is). Well, of course, I got an email from Fogg Hollow Farms CSA saying that due to unforeseen circumstances, they would not be able to fulfill a CSA this year. I was VERY bummed. I started looking around, but a lot of the CSA's weren't as affordable. There is one that is delivering to Otter Creek (the church where I worship), but I wasn't as impressed with their prices. After some research, I found my new CSA for the summer: Delvin Farms in College Grove, TN. I explained my situation, and they graciously opened a share to me. AND they are certified organic. AND they go through October. AND they deliver to the Turnip Truck, East Nashville's new Farmers Market, which happens to be just a few minutes away from my house. Their website has a ton of recipes for this summer's fresh produce. Bethy (my roommate) and I are getting a half bushel, which is a full box every 2 weeks. Stay tuned in just a couple of weeks for pictures of our first box of produce!
A few pictures of their produce boxes...
2 comments:
I'm sorry your CSA got canceled, but I'm glad you found a new one! Those produce boxes look yummy!
Cool! I can't wait to see what you get each week!
Post a Comment