Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Magdaline House

Tonight I went to a Thistle Farms party. Thistle Farms is a line of beauty products created by the Magdaline House in Nashville. The Magdaline House is a house for prostitutes in recovery. My friend Regan Weaver worked with them for school, and she hosted this party. Can I just tell you how amazing these women are? They have come through SO much. Not only did they have to give up prostitution, but they had to completly break down and rebuild every part of their lives. They explained how they didn't know any work ethics, how to take care of themselves, or any of the things you and I take for granted. I just had to share this. It opened my eyes to just how well I have had it and just how much I take that for granted. The women are amazing individuals, who have completely given up everything they know for a better life.

No comments: