Saturday, November 06, 2004

Kissing

It is difficult for 95 year old men to take Speech Therapy without thinking I am making a pass at them. I have had several say, "If I was younger, I might have asked you out." I have one little precious man who has some weakness in his facial muscles so we are doing some exercises to restrengthen those muscles. Some of the exercises target the muscles of the lips. So one of those exercises is pursing and retracting the lips, aka pucker and smile. He is the cutest little man. Well, I was leading him in those exercises. I forgot to tell him what we were doing and didn't help him make the transition from one exercise to another. So when I puckered my lips up, he looked real nervous, straightened up, put his hands on his arm rests to gain his balance, and began to lean in for a kiss. :) Of course I quickly explained what we were doing without embarassing him, but it really was the sweetest thing. He looked like a 7th grader getting ready to plant one on a girl for the first time! Of course this is a much sweeter story than another patient who I was doing exercises to strengthen the tongue with. He was sticking his tongue out and in and he said, " How bout a little bit of that tongue on tongue action?"

No comments: