Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Brian's Fan Club

Happy Birthday to my man! Brian is more than I could have ever prayed for or dreamed of in a partner for this life. I love him so much, and being apart is not easy at all! He treats me like a queen and is one of the kindest, gentlest, most accepting souls I have ever know.

Okay enough PDA and on to the funny stuff... When I got to Namwianga, a few of the Aunties at the Haven remembered me from 3 years ago. They asked for an update, and I told them I was getting married. They asked to see pictures of him and my wedding dress. Enter Justin Bieber fan club giggles here. They LOVED him. Must be the cowlick... it got me too. They went on and on about how handsome he was and indicated very much that they like him. Since then, on 3 different occasions, they have said in a chorus “How's Brian!?” and started giggling, then shyly asking to see pictures of him again. And they only asked to see my wedding dress one other time. Stop stealing my thunder, Cormack!!!

It's really hilarious! I have a joke with Beatrice that I tell her, “He's MINE!” and she just giggles away. Yesterday morning she asked “Hooooowwwwww's Brian!?” and I laughed and went on about my business. Yesterday afternoon she was sitting in the hallway with the other Aunties, folding laundry and holding about 85 babies if I did the math right (these women are super heroes). I was walking by and she grabbed my leg and said “You did not answer my question earlier! How's BRIAN!?”

Love those Aunties! A few others wanted to say Happy Birthday...











No comments: