For the first time in 7 years, I went home for Easter. This year, Easter weekend coincided with a work trip to Arkansas, so I went early and spent the weekend with my family! JT wanted to have a sleepover at Grandmama and Pop's Friday night. Saturday morning, the two of us woke up and went to Lowe's to get our free tree for Earth Day. JT is SO fun at Lowe's. He thinks planting is the coolest thing ever. Mama and Daddy had planted a summer veggie garden of heirloom tomatoes, squash, peppers, purple onions, and basil. While at Lowe's, I realized that their garden was going to be my summer veggie supply. I have absolutely loved the CSA, but this is a summer of transition for me and I couldn't commit to a farm. Once I realized that, JT and I got seeds for cilantro, spinach, lettuce, green onions, bush beans, sugar peas, and zucchini. We got back to the house, and I discovered my parent's new composting bin! Daddy, JT, and I used the soil to plant our seeds while Mama and Nanga watched. It was so cathartic and made me so excited to be with them this summer! You can see some of the garden below in the Easter Egg Hunt.
Allison and Jon brought Isaac and Luke out Saturday afternoon. After a late lunch, we had an Easter Egg hunt with the boys. It was so fun to see the boys so thrilled. Knowing the need for instant gratification, I had stuffed eggs with Easter egg shaped marshmallows so the boys could open and eat as they hunted. Isaac found every last egg with marshmallows. At one point, he was running looking for more eggs and yelled, "I love EASTER!" So cute.
I have 3 and a half weeks left in Nashville. It's bittersweet, but the more I go home, the more ready I am to move there. It is time. I am moving on a Thursday, settling in on Friday, and headed off to the beach for a week with my family on Saturday. And no, I haven't packed one thing yet. Not one thing...
This was the little shirt I got for Luke's Easter basket...
No comments:
Post a Comment