There are many reasons that I am a big fan of Whole Foods. Yes, they have the reputation of being expensive, and I know several people who don't even go in because of this reason. Which I think is a crying shame (though totally understandable). They actually have some really good deals. They always have coupons at the front of the store (which you , and they also have signs all over the store that say "Don't be fooled!" Any time you see this, check out the product... it means it's less expensive than in most grocery stores. And their 365 brand... LOVE IT and so reasonably priced.
Another reason I love them... they have everything you can imagine gluten free. And a lot of things that aren't always gluten free at other stores are gluten free there because they are less processed. I have found a lot of cheap staples this way.
And lastly, I LOVE "It's On Me." They don't advertise it, and I didn’t find anything on it when I googled it. But it's a real deal. Here's how it works... Get something you want to try but don't want to shell out the money to try. When you are at the check out counter, strike up a conversation with the checker. Ask them if they have heard anything about the product, if it's good, and tell them you have been wanting to try it but are hesitating spending the money. They will something to the effect of, "Well do you want to try it on the house? " or "You want to try it on us?" To which you will say "Yes!" And then they will slap a little sticker on that says "it's on us," put it in you bag for free, and you will go on your merry little way. I have found some of my favorite products that way, and I have also saved some major money on really gross gf food as well.
My latest find...
I. Love. Glutino. My favorite things from Glutino are... their pretzels, crackers, oreo-like cookies, bbq chicken pizza (COOK IT IN THE OVEN- not the microwave), and gluten free pantry (same co) pie crust. But they have some things that are NOT good and all of their products seem to be at least $5. Plus, the only other GF donuts I have had (Kinnikkinnick) were TER. RI. BLE. Hockey Pucks. Heavier than a rock. So I did not want to pay $6 for these bad boys. But if Whole Foods was going to buy them for me, who am I to turn them down? The Verdict? They were GREAT. They taste like a normal cake donut, light, spongy, and milk dunkable. I don't get donut hankerings very often, but when I do, it's really hard to stay away from Krispy Kreme. So if you are GF, keep these around. (And try to get them for free! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment