Since my last post, my move was pushed back from early April to the end of May, which was a big blessing! Don't get me wrong, I do want to move but I needed a few more months to get there. :) Here is a little bit of what I have been doing over the past few months...
I went to Arkansas at the end of January for JT's 6th birthday and
this little guy's first birthday!
I have gotten to do a lot of patient care lately. Here I am after seeing a patient in isolation. Those gowns make me crazy!
In February, I went to Atlanta for an SLP CE course on evaluating voice and swallowing using Endoscopes and Nasoscopes. Jealous!? Anyway, my hotel was right next to Fox Theater and I found out that SYTYCD auditions were that weekend!! It was a little scary how easily I channeled my inner stalker...
Okay, pipe down. These are my VOCAL CORDS. I volunteered to be scoped at our conference and they took a picture so I could see what my larynx looks like. Yup, I am that big of a nerd. The student volunteers wanted to post their vocal fold pictures as their Facebook profile picture. Seriously??


Lots of Scrabble at Fido!
Delaying my move gave me more time to catchup with newer friends...
and spend more time with precious old friends...
...and my Nashville niece and nephews!!
My besties took me away for a weekend in Chattanooga. It was great! And they were insistent on posing a picture of them trying to stop me from moving. :) Katie is real torn up
about it...
about it...
Love these ladies!
I found this in Chattanooga for my home office!
I have been dining out with friends... a lot.
This was my first meal at City House (GF fried fish!!)...
...but also cooking in... (Please tell me you have made caramel apple
pork chops by now. Please.)
...but more so dining out...
AND! My terrible car finally died and I got to go back to used Toyotas.
And there will I always be.... Here's my
And there will I always be.... Here's my
first pic out of the sunroof.
And I have definitely gotten sick of this tornado season!
I got to keep the boys in April when I went back home to speak on Pediatric Swallowing at HU. And yes, Isaac had taken his pants and underwear off. And no, I can't tell you why.
During said trip, I had the privilege of going to Sunday lunch with Allison, Jon, Rachel, Garrett, and their combined total of 7, yes 7, children. It was so fun, but much different than my calm Sunday brunches at Marche. :) I cracked up when I saw myself in the mirror afterward.... and no I did nothing to my hair before I took this picture.
I have gotten a lot more time with my precious sister.
Nothing like drilling holes for tulip bulbs to get your stress out.
Also, I have become slightly obsessed with headbands.
And I continue to nurse my caffeine habit daily.
That pretty much sums up what I have been up to!






















1 comment:
Yeay for a catch-up blog! Loved hearing about all your activities. Excited for you for your upcoming adventure.
Post a Comment