Elizabeth strikes again! I copied down her white chicken chili recipe on an evening of babysitting. After her darling children had gone to bed, of course. It's actually the Bush Bean recipe, but kudos to her for discovering it. This is a classic recipe. So. GOOD!
White Chicken Chili
1 onion, chopped
2 cans great northern beans (don't drain)
3 T Cornstarch or Flour
1-3 T EVOO (the recipe called for 3 but I only needed 1)
2 tsp cumin
1 small can (4 oz) diced green chilies
1 1/2 cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
Saute the onion in olive oil. Once it is translucent, add the peppers, cumin, and corn starch. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken. Add garlic salt to taste if so desired. Top with jack or mozzarella and sour cream. That's it. GREAT one dish meal. I don't know why, but I always eat an apple with mine. :) Delish, and a great "welcome to fall" treat for those taste buds!
2 comments:
That's very similar to your mama's recipe which I think is the.best.ever. :-)It's the one I have used ever since I got it years ago...think Rachel and Alli were still in high school.
Oh, I have got to make this! I forgot about it. So yummy. When are we going to see you again?!
Post a Comment