Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My New Digs

Finally! Thanks to my family to being patient with me before posting house pictures. I was blessed to find a precious little 1930 cottage in the same general area my previous house. I am now all settled in, and I have great neighbors and a fabulous landlord. God has indeed been so evident in this whole process. Not only did he take care of the house situation, he helped me into an amazing living situation. I am loving living by myself again. I do miss living with Amy and Bethy, but we're just a stones throw away.

The cottage is a little under 900 square feet. It's so cozy. No central heat and air. I have a little radiator heater and window air units. The closet is too small to fit clothes, so I have an exposed clothes rack. I have downsized so much, and it's great to finally know where everything is! As blessed as I was in the old house, there is such a thing as too MUCH space for one person. (I am quickly becoming a minimalist, if you can't already tell :). Here are some pics of the place (My friend Amy G. took some, but most from my phone... hang in there...I asked for a camera for Christmas!)

The Kitchen Area... Small but suffice. The door opens to the small laundry room, and then the back door. I have little cabinet space so the shelves help me out. I store my recycling bins under the green tablecloth. My FAVORITE part of the kitchen is the exposed brick that is slowly and naturally revealing itself. Notice no dishwasher...


Dining Room... It could also be a 2nd bedroom, but I needed some place to put that gorgeous table! The lovely living room. You can tell a bit from this picture the layout of the house. My bedroom is on the other side of that big mirror. The bathroom is in the little hall between the bedroom and kitchen. The fireplace is working... with a beautiful cover. I also included pictures of my little Haiti/Dominican picture montage. I circled pictures from my times there around a map of the island.

A girl's got to sleep, right? Below is my bedroom. My exposed clothing rack is to the right of my bed. To the left is the door, plus the below fireplace. I am using the mantle as a place for my jewelery and makeup. The earrings are strung on ribbon across right of the mirror, my necklaces hung on the left. My makeup is in the little covered basket and bracelets are hiding in the black boxes on the left.

The Outside: I LOVE my front porch. I had a really good picture, but it exposed my house number, and I never know what kind of freaks are out there looking at this blog. Let's just say it's cozy and wonderful. Here is a picture of my backyard that I share with the neighbors.

No comments: