Friday, February 27, 2009

Southern Food



PLUS


EQUALS
ONE HAPPY GF SOUTHERN GIRL!


I am a southern girl, through and through. I don't like fried or heavy food all the time, but I definitely enjoy it when I get it. I love a good sausage biscuit. I mean I LOVE them. It's actually a good thing I am not able to just grab one when I feel like it anymore. I would eat them maybe 2-3 times a month before, and I just really miss them. Since I have gotten over feeling sorry for myself and have become more proactive, I realized I had this gluten free baking mix and decided to try a sausage biscuit for breakfast. Okay, two. I made biscuits using my family recipe. I used a 1:1 ratio on the flour/baking mix, added 3/4 tsp xantham gum to help it stick together, and substituted soy milk and smart balance for all of the dairy. The result? A great sausage biscuit, which didn't taste different from the real thing!

No comments: