Friday, February 06, 2009

What we do in Arkansas for fun...

I have had this memory for YEARS! I ran across these pictures on facebook, and was so excited to find documentation of this event! My freshman year of college, I went to Crowley's Ridge College in Paragould, Arkansas. It's a tiny-tiny little 2 year college that offers Associates degrees. I went for my freshman year and got some of my basic classes done. There were about 200 students, maybe about 90 who lived on campus. It was a great experience and helped me come out of my shell, and I met some of my best friends there.

The first week of my year there, the sophomores "initiated us" by loading us in the back of David Gallow's pickup truck and going through a car wash. Luckily, a flirty boy "covered me" so that I wouldn't get slapped by the washer things. Then we jumped in the murky pond on campus, and then we all changed and went to the Bono (town of like 20 people) bridge, which would shake when a train went underneath. It was actually illegal to sit on that bridge, so consider me a lawbreaker. You read right. It was a small town, so we had to get creative for entertainment. These pictures bring back a lot of memories. There's an exboyfriend in those pictures, some great friends, and all kinds of wierdos that bring back memories. Morgan, see your hubby?





3 comments:

The Parnell's said...

Caroline!! I love these pictures! CRC was great. I didn't realize how great at the time, but not I know. Like you I met 2 of my best friends there (one happens to be my husband as you know). Memories are great. We should try and find more pic from those days.

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you went to CRC! Of course, I met Brandon there, along with most of our good friends that we still stay in contact with! The best years of my life!

Brent Ruple said...

I guess I missed out on this joy ride! I love the pics!