So today I am at the hospital when this lady from medical records calls me. She is wanting to implement a new system on filing my speech reports for medical records/insurance companies, blahblahblah. Except it would be really great and helpful if I would be the one to implement it. Which is really fine because we are down on my patient load right now and I need things to do while I am there. She is explaining to me the importance of having a system that is written down and typed out so, "Heaven forbid, if you ever leave, the next speech therapist will know what to do." Fair enough, I am a contract therapist and I am only filling in until they find a full timer. But this is the kicker.:
She says: "It's like the macktruck theory."
Me: "Excuse me?"
And this is her explanation: "Well, it's just if heaven forbid, if I were hit by a macktruck this afternoon, my job would be all lined up for the person who fills in for me. We need to have a system in place so if something like the macktruck theory happened, everything would be in place for the next speech thearpist.
I was silent on the other end, which prompted her to day: " You know, macktrucks."
I feel so loved.
4 comments:
Wow...if that doesn't make you feel all warm and snuggly inside, I don't know what would! Yikes...
good grief, does she know something we don't?
organize those medical records, girl, that way when i request them they know where to find!
Sounds like she must be from Arkansas? Only someone from around here could come w/something like that.
Oh how horrible. That person probably just started a model-netics class. There's hundreds of horrible little phrases like that. HCA makes us take that class. It lasts for months and is akin to peeling the flesh off your own eyeballs.
Post a Comment