Sunday, May 15, 2005

Reflections from moving

Okay, I am so blessed. I moved yesterday. I have been here for almost 1 year, which I cannot believe. And I had 8 people, only 2 of whom I knew before I moved here, move me in less than 3 hours. Such good people. And all week several people from Church have been helping my roomates move as well. I have been thinking a lot about how much the Lord has changed me in a year. A year ago, I was getting ready to move and I was excited and a little anxious, not knowing really what to expect or knowing if I would find a niche here. I still had full intentions to move back to Searcy at one point, after a few years in Nashville, and this was just something I was going to do for a few years. But a year later, I am here and so happy and blessed. I can't imagine not moving here. This is one of those things that I can't remember how the good Lord got me to move, but I am so glad he did. He has taught me so much that I needed to get away from my roots to learn, like how to have confidence in myself. He has given me peers who I needed and a church group I needed that Searcy, as much as I love it, couldn't give me. He's opened my eyes to the fact that it's okay to be away from my family indefinetly, which makes me more open to mission work or travel in the future. Why he's patient with me and why he cares so much, I don't know. I love seeing how he handles me at different stages in my life. This stage he has been gentle with me, allowing me time to grow and giving me plenty of processing time for all of these new perspectives and situations. Just wanted to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Lina -- you have done well! So very proud of you -- love you bunches!

Daddy

Anonymous said...

And what is so interesting is that, if I don't learn a lesson at one stage of life, He just keeps presenting it in the next, over and over. He wants us so earnestly that He is relentless. I can't understand that level of Love, but I absolutely love to jump into it with all abandon.