
My heart is in Haiti. It has been ever since I went in 1996 on a summer youth trip through Manna Global Ministries. I actually turned 16 over there. I returned my freshman year of college for a spring break missions trip with both of my parents. I even had the opportunity to spend a two summers in the Dominican Republic as an intern for Manna (the other part of the island), where I learned even more about the wonderful people of Haiti. My mom (a nurse practitioner) has had the opportunity to go to Haiti mostly every spring break on medical missions over the past several years. This week, my heart has been hurting even more for those sweet people.
The wonderful Pioneer Woman, who I have blogged about before, is going to be donate a dime to Haiti relief for every comment left. Just follow the directions here, but you have to enter before Friday noon. (I voted for Manna Ministries).
1 comment:
That trip to Haiti in 1996 is one of the most precious memories I have. Although I haven't been back since that year the country and people of Haiti hold a special place in my heart. I would gladly leave tomorrow to go help in the recovery/rebuilding process. Thank you for posting this blog in order to raise money to help these sweet people. Hopefully one day I will be able to make it back down there.
Post a Comment