Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Berry Pickin'

The last weekend of June, a few of my girlfriends and I got together and went berry picking at Kelly's Berry Farm in Castalion Springs (about an hour out of Nashville). It is a lot of work but a lot of fun. And OH MY GOODNESS do those berries taste fabulous right off the vine. I now understand why blackberries and blueberries are so expensive! They were selling them prepicked at the stand for almost double of what we paid for our picked berries. They lasted a whole week, and then we just had to sacrifice the last ones for a good cobbler. Mmmm.... There is something just spiritual and humbling about getting into nature and realizing just how specific and detailed God made everything. And how specific and detailed his love is for me. Who knew church was in the berry field?

These beautiful pictures are compliments of Amy Glisson:

They were thornless!

Amy's son, Jack. with his buckets ready to go!Amy and Jack:

Aunt Lindsey and Jack:

The farm was very quiet:
MP and Jack: Don't I look lovely with no shower and a huge brace, which by the way is a magnent for nature? I am trying to get Jack excited about picking. Thus, the goofy face. :)

Jen Thompson and Jack:
Mary Pullias picking blueberries: Mandy:

No comments: