I did today what I should have done 24 years ago. I went to the allergist. I paid to be scratched and stuck more than a catfight with Allison when we were in our teenage years.
I decided to go to an allergist 3 weeks ago when I had such severe allergies I couldn't breath. I never thought I had allergies. I always just thought it was a sinus infection. Bad assumption on my part. The allergist was very professional and personal, and after she explained everything, she sent in the nurse who is solely responsible for making my arms look like I had a hay day with heroin. She numbered each scratch so they would know what was what. (Wouldn't THAT be funny if they got the numbers mixed up and had to start over). And once she stuck me with every weed, food, nut, tree, and grass specimen you can imagine (Okay I am exaggerating a little, but she did scratch me 42 times... I read the numbers she wrote on my arm), she said, "Okay, here's a magazine. The doctor will be back in 15 minutes- don't scratch!" Who does she think I am- Ms. Self Control? More like Ms. Impatient Pants because that was the longest 15 minutes of my life.
So the doctor comes back in and I have been eyeing numbers 8 through 10 which were starting to swell so largely they were running together and I have also been scratching the table trying to get some of my desire to tear into my arm out. She took one look at my arm and said, "well, we have some allergies here..." But that wasn't the end, oh no... since the others didn't flare up the first time, they had to INJECT me! This time with needles- 10 I believe. By the time she finished that I had practically squirmed out of my seat and had twisted in every way immaginable, while still trying to assume my dignity (a worthless cause).
And then guess what? You got it, "Wait 15 more minutes." They were with another patient when my timer went off and at this point I was loosing all sanity from the itching and I really just wanted to bust up in that patient's room, but I kept my cool. So basically, I am allergic to everything... Severly allergic to weeds (no more weed for me), moderate-severe to molds, moderate to dust mites, trees, and grass, and mild to dogs and dairy. So, in a nut shell, I am allergic to nature. And I have the heroin addict arms to proove it.
No comments:
Post a Comment