This
morning, we went to Zambian church. It was lovely. I love their
singing. They sang a song that I have sung at least 1.32 million
times, if I did the math right. However hearing it with their voices
renewed it for me. The last verse sums up my passion and
transformation over the last ten years in my beliefs as to why God
has called me to walk with him as a Christian for this life I have
been blessed with. And that is to love ALL unconditionally, to be the
hands and feet of Christ, and to focus on my own heart and
indiscretions and not those of others. That's all. Nothing more,
nothing less. It's the journey God has taken me on and I am oh so
grateful he has. He has shown me that he is so much bigger than the
god of one zip code, the god of one belief system, or the god of the
U.S.A. He is God of all. We, as mankind, we are all his children,
and we are to love each other. Period. He doesn't need our help in
deciding who is right, who is wrong, who has earned the right to
believe in him, and who isn't good enough through our weak,
insufficient human eyes. In this journey, he has blessed me with
wonderful people in my life from all walks of life. Incredible
stories, different beliefs, various lifestyles. And I have found
more comfort and peace in those relationships than I have in some
relationships I have had with people who wore the christian label. I
love people. And I love people who love other people for who they are
with no agenda, whether it be my wonderful brothers and sisters who
proclaim God's name in their life or my wonderful brothers and
sisters who don't. Equally.
And that is enough of my opinion. I took an audio clip, but unfortunately it's a shaky video. And also, unfortunately, I don't know how to make a fancy video. And the last unforunate situation is that I can't get it to upload. But I will post it so you can hear soon! Here are the lyrics:
Oh Lord prepare me
to be a sanctuary
pure and holy
tried and true
with thanksgiving,
I'll be a living
sanctuary
for you.
It was you Lord
who gave the Savior,
heart and soul,
to every man.
It is you Lord
who knows my weakness,
you refine me
with your own hand
Lead me, Oh Lord
through temptation.
You refine me
from within.
Fill my heart with
your Holy Spirit,
and take all my
sins away
Lord teach your children
to stop the fighting,
start uniting
all as one.
Let's get together
loving forever
sanctuary for you.

1 comment:
I haven't even finished reading this blog...I couldn't hold it in how glad and thankful I am your friend!! The unconditional love of Jesus is so unbelievably freeing when one realizes the message is to love Him with your whole heart and treat your neighbor as yourself.
Love you so much, my dear.
Post a Comment