And lots of goodbye-ing...
Josh and me at Tiffany's Birthday Party
Brandon and me at my going away shin-dig...
which Jon Lee hosted. My friends are the best.
And of course I took about 100 trips to Marche, my favorite restaurant, knowing
that it would soon be unavailable to me. My favorite waiter packed me down with a bunch
of gf cookies as a parting gift.
Larissa, one of my dearest life long friends. She and I grew up together and we both ended up in Nashville. I miss her so much!
Here's how moving week went down: We unloaded the truck Thursday night, Friday morning I trained my new employees, and Saturday my entire family left for a week to Daulphin Island where we enjoyed a week of relaxation. I mean, that is the way to go.
Luke and me at the ocean
Tip of the day: Any time you have a major life move, go to the beach the second you
unload your boxes. It really is the best idea ever.
Allison, Nanga, and me
I took this of Isaac He is completely naked, eating watermelon,
and watching Pop fish. Pretty happy little guy.
And then last week, I had a birthday. Saturday night we had a family dinner/game night complete with Mom's homeade pizza. Seriously, I have maybe 3 good pictures with Isaac in his entire lifetime.
Snuggling with my boys on my birthday.
Jon Thomas is very excited to have me home.
I love, love, love being able to be with my sister so much!
I am going on my third week back from vacation, and I feel officially settled into Arkansas. I have loved being with the family and I have had the chance to reunite with some of my dear friends from college and high school. I am very intentional about being happy where I am in life. I loved Nashville while I was there, but God lead me back home and it just feels right. And here is one more friend who is happy I am back in Arkansas...
4 comments:
Great attitude. Al and felt the same when we left Nashville. Sad to leave, but ready for the next chapter. God often guides us, and big changes are his favorites...in my experience. But, it's when I've grown the most. Kudos to you! And good luck with the new job!
I won't lie, I feel very conflicted by this post. :) But mostly I'm glad for you that you're getting great family time and settling back in so quickly!
Though that OTHER picture of you and Jon was really... just indescribable. ;)
Since begging you to come back probably won't work, I'll just have to say I am SO, SO, SO happy you are happy!!!! Love and miss you. I will call you soon. Or maybe we could Skype.
I'm so glad that the transition was smooth!
Of course Nashville will miss you A LOT! But it seems as if you have done the right thing. I am happy that you are where you need to be.
Love you friend,
Emily
Post a Comment